I hope you can join tonight at 7 pm for a pre-opening special event at MIST (for “My Image Studios”) Harlem (46 West 116th Street in Harlem) for special evening of inspiring film and live music. It is such as wonderful achievement for the development team and the Harlem community that this project is now a reality! MIST Harlem is 20,000 sq. ft. cultural entertainment center opening for daily business that features a 130-seat restaurant (Harvist) and three (3) performance spaces that will be presenting the best in film, live music, spoken word, comedy and more.
Tonight’s very special event will include:
- Scenes from the new documentary film Sweet Dreams produced/directed by Oscar and Emmy winning sibling filmmakers Lisa and Rob Fruchtman which tells the amazing story of Ingoma Nshya, Rwanda’s first Hutu and Tutsi female drumming troupe;
- Live musical performance by Ingoma Nshya;
- Remarks from Rwandan Ambassador Eugène-Richard Gasana and social entrepreneur Grace Hightower De Niro;
- A director talk-back; and
- Refreshments from Blue Marble Ice Cream and Grace Hightower & Coffees of Rwanda
Tickets are $13 and are available for purchase at www.charged.fm/sweetdreams. For additional information about future MIST programming, please visit www.myimagestudios.com or call 212.828.MIST.